From commoner, to the heights of power, to a man destroyed, the story of NAPOLEON charts the journey of that ‘Child of the Revolution’ who believed to fault in the power of human potential. Blindly pushing forward the boundaries of human greatness, Napoleon loses sight of his own humanity in his willingness to sacrifice all he holds dear at the altar of his ambition.
Recorded in the days leading up to the musical’s premiere, this album features an augmented orchestra of 35 players and the entire original cast of 32 from the first production of NAPOLEON which opened in Toronto in March 1994.
02. THE DREAM WITHIN - Napoleon, Anton
03. CUT THROAT GAME - Talleyrand, Garrau, Fouché
04. THE ROAD TO AUSTRIA - Napoleon, Male Ensemble
05. ON THAT FIRST NIGHT - Napoleon & Josephine
06. TALE OF THE SCULPTORS - Sculptors
07. CALM BEFORE THE STORM - Lucien
08. TIMOR MORTIS - Ensemble
09. SWEET VICTORY DIVINE - Napoleon
10. WALLS OF STONE - Josephine
11. LAST CRUSADE - Napoleon, Montenotte, Radet
12. FRIEND YOU WERE TO ME - Josephine & Therese
13. THE DAY IS WON (NAPOLEON'S RETURN) - Ensemble
14. WAITING & HOPING - Clarise & Female Ensemble
15. FINALE - Napoleon & Josephine